Saturday, January 24, 2009

My 'Bedtime Stories' Story


Before I make the '90's nostalgia' post which I have been working on, I thought I might let those who read experience an insight into my boredom and what I might possibly do with it. One example of this is the much loved phrase of "for freeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" which spawns from the movie "Bedtime Stories" with Adam Sandler in it. A friendship group which I am involved in just looooooves to use this wherever possible. What they don't know is I use it constantly in places outside of the group though, read on... for the lulz are ensured.

The other night, very, very late, whilst coming home from a gathering at a friends house, I felt the need to aquire a meal from a McDonalds franchise in Greensborough. I was pretty hungry, and still had some money in my pocket so I though "Hey, why not?". I pulled up into the drive-thru after turning down the much blared Queen CD that I own, and wound down my window to order something from their wide menu of foods. This is how the conversation went between I and the clerk working that night.

McDonalds Employee: "Welcome to McDonalds, what would you like to order?"
Christian: "Oh hey, uhhh I was thinking of ordering a medium Classic Chicken meal, please. Crispy chicken, at that."
McDonalds Employee: "Okay great, would you like Coke for the drink?"
Christian: "Yes please."
McDonalds Employee: "Would you like to upgrade your medium meal to a large meal?"

*Silence for about 3 seconds*

...

I couldn't resist!

Christian: "... for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?" *In a high pitched tone*
McDonalds Employee: "...Sorry?"
Christian: "... for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?" *In a HIGHER pitch*
McDonalds Employee: "Free? No, a few cents extra."
Christian: "... so not for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"
McDonalds Employee: "No, not for free..."
Christian: "Oh... okay. Well could I also get six nuggets with that please?"
McDonalds Employee: "Sure, would you like any sauce with that?"
Christian: "...for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?"
McDonalds Employee: *Sighs* "Yes, for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".
Christian: "Yay! For freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
McDonalds Employee: "Please drive forward to the last window to pay for your meal and recieve it."

I was so incredibly smug as I paid her my money. She looked rather pissed off, but I am sure she's had worse customers come through at such a time =P She did sneakily have a grin as I left her... I know she enjoyed me as a customer =]. So that was one example of how incredibly bored I get and what I do with it. If only I had had a video camera or something, someone recording me while I did it. Maybe next time if someone is in the car with me =].

Much love.

EDIT: I FOUND THE BLOODY RINGTONE HE HAS! In the movie when Adam Sandlers' character phone rings there is a rather disturbing tone that proceeds it.

Ring... ring ring... RING... RIIIIIIIIIIING.

There it is for anyone that wants it ;).

4 comments:

  1. OHH MAN! YOU FOUND THE RING TONE!!!! Mel will be a happy camper when she hears about this!!!
    ANd i believe i have already commented on this on your myspace but i'll say it again: Bravo son, bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i fricken love you

    you knew that already but the love is now multiplied for having the balls to do it.

    i bow down to you. *bows* meoooow

    ReplyDelete
  3. two words

    frickin. awesome.

    RIIIIIIIINGIIIIIIIING

    Helsinki xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. As i sat in my chair at my school's library reading this i almost literally burst out laughing... i'm sure people were staring at me funny. ah well. awsome writing man keep it up!

    ....for freeeeeeeeeee?

    ReplyDelete